The IBPSA News Volume 25 No 2 is now available at www.ibpsa.org
- Updates on BS2015 in Hyderabad, India and the BS modelling competition
- Interviews with Ruben Baetens and Roel De Coninck of KU Leuven, Belgium about OpenIDEAS and Da Nan of Tsinghua University, China about his group’s work
- Software news about Elements, an open-source tool for creating and editing custom weather files; a new energy retrofit analysis toolkit for commercial buildings; and an occupant behaviour simulation tool amongst others
- Global community news from IBPSA affiliates in Australasia, China, France, Korea and Switzerland
- IBPSA related events, e.g. 12 conferences and other events for your diary.
A well-tuned car performs and saves money, so does a well-tuned building. Reduce operating and maintenance costs. OK, but you have no budget. Building tuning can get you there. But how and where do you look to ‘tune’ a building, what can you make more efficient, how much efficiency can you gain, and what are the real benefits for the owner?
Learn from our very own Paul Bannister!
- What is tuning and why should I do it?
- How to tell when a building needs tuning
- Rating tools and tuning
- Stakeholders in the tuning process
- HVAC commissioning issues for tuning
- HVAC control issues for tuning
- Case studies
Hotel Grand Chancellor 131 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
Download the brochure here.
Dear IBPSA-Affiliate Representatives,
As part of the planning for Building Simulation 2017 in San Francisco, we’d like to identify and contact professional organizations around the world that could help us prepare for and promote the conference in various ways, including:
– emailing of information about the conference to their members
– contributing ideas for conference activities
– connecting us with funding agencies and companies who might be interested in sponsoring the conference financially or in other ways
These sponsoring organizations would get:
– their logo on the conference web site and on printed materials
– free registration for one delegate
– a free emailing from IBPSA-USA for an event of their choosing
The organizations we would like to identify in your region include institutions or societies for HVAC or building services engineering, architecture, and green building rating systems, and utilities and government departments that support high performance buildings – the equivalents of ASHRAE, the American Institute of Architects, the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, the US Green Building Council and the US Department of Energy. Please send us the names of organizations you identify, together with the name and email address of an appropriate person for us to contact, preferably someone know to you, so we can mention your name.
The aim is to make BS’17 a truly international conference, facilitating interaction between researchers and practitioners from all over the world. The conference will be held August 7-10, 2017.
Philip Haves <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Chair, BS’17 Organizing Committee
Minutes are attached for your information. Key items to note are:
- Members Survey was discussed
- Schedule of Seminars agreed
- Discussions to be had with other like minded organisations
- Conference to be held in 2017!
IBPSA AGM minutes 20150813
A compelling program has been announced for the inaugural staging of AIRAH’s Commissioning Workshop, which will be held in Sydney on Thursday, September 10. Scheduled to take place at The Mint, the Workshop will feature seven speakers covering a range of subjects related to building commissioning.
AIRAH chief executive officer Phil Wilkinson, F.AIRAH, says it’s a no-brainer to have a workshop focused on commissioning.
For more information on the AIRAH Commissioning Workshop, go to www.airah.org.au/events